After his video for “More Again Now”, an earlier track by Notorious Hi-Fi Killers, Miland was asked to collaborate with the band once again. Working with bassist Tony Mountford and animator Richard Thomas, they developed the video for “Behind the Smoke and Mirrors”. The psychedelic nature of the band as well as the images from the Hubble space telescope were their inspirations for the look of the piece. The video itself is about the cosmos with the live action objects rotating in front of the band to symbolise the cyclical nature of all things. Miland describes the creative collaboration as holistic and their ideas evolved throughout the process of completing the video.
- Title: Behind the Smoke and Mirrors
- Band: Notorious Hi-Fi Killers
- Director/ Editor/ VFX: Miland Suman
- Concept: Miland Suman, Richard Thomas & Tony Mountford
- DOP: Genki McClure
- Space Images: NASA Hubble Space Telescope